About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified Estate Support Assistant Manager to join our established Estates Support Team based in Andover.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
As a Customer focused and experienced Administrator, you will support the Senior Managers in the delivery of a high quality administration service to the Accommodation Optimisation team and to the wider Estates community.
It is desirable that the successful applicant has experience of Microsoft Projects
The position is based in Andover.
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
ResponsibilitiesLeadership and Management of the Estates Directorate
• Manage individuals to contribute to business outputs
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Values
• Develop staff and support line manager in delivering departmental goals
• Ensure local compliance with mandatory requirements e.g. H&S training
• Promote strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams across DIO and MoD
Office Management and Co-ordination
• Ensure effective and efficient delivery of support services to all team members including absence cover for critical services.
• Provide ad-hoc support services to other areas of the wider Estates team.
• Ensure maintenance of delivery and operational support systems and databases, including SharePoint, IMS, CP&F
• Management of file storage and archiving in line with the MOD paperless office environment aims and legal requirement
• Provision of a high-quality administrative service
• Co-ordination with the host unit and attendance at meetings to ensure statutory compliance
• Coordinate internal programme communications and knowledge management, e.g. management of group Inboxes, document management and control, distribution of directives and bulletins
• Other specific support to the team/function as required
• Co-Ordinate Monthly meetings and associated paperwork
• Prepare Monthly reports as needed
• Supporting development of stakeholder management and analysis activities
• Managing engagement with stakeholder’s offices/support staff
• Awareness, communication and distribution of DIO Corporate communications material
• Provide support to the Programme Manager, ensuring plans and documentation are complete to standard.
• Document updates to plans and produce slippage reports when required.
• Manage reporting and recording using appropriate registers, ensuring opportunities and benefits are to be tracked in the Risk Register
Post holders will be required to undertake occasional travel.
About our Team
The DIO is the MoD’s expert adviser and enabler on infrastructure matters. It is tasked with equipping Defence with a significantly smaller more efficient, better quality estate.
The Estates Division brings together the Acquisitions and Disposal, Land Management Services, Projects, Safeguarding, Planning, Accommodation Optimisation and Byelaws teams. It helps underpin MOD’s operational capability by delivering a comprehensive, strategic and uniquely varied estate surveying service in support of Military outputs, both in the UK and Overseas
ESTATES SUPPORT TEAM (EST)
The EST are accountable for the business and admin support to all Division sub branches (including Land Management Services (National and Overseas), Projects, Acquisition & Disposal and Accommodation Optimisation, Safeguarding, Planning, Housing and Byelaws).
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
BenefitsWe are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
• Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in
Camden Council Location: 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG Salary: £36,630 - £42,490 per annum Contract Type: Permanent, Full time,...Apply For This Job
City, Manchester Maximus People Services MAXIMUS People Services is part of MAXIMUS UK, a global leader in health and employment services. For...Apply For This Job
City, Leeds CK GROUP CK Group is recruiting for a Part Time Compliant Communication Administrator to join a company in the pharmaceutical...Apply For This Job