Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Joint Venture EMEA organisation manages the Joint Ventures (“JV”) that American Express operate in Switzerland, Middle East and Saudi Arabia. The JVs issue a broad range of consumer, corporate and small business cards and acquire merchants on the American Express network. Through these partnerships, the organisation provides exciting and innovative new products in JV markets, enhances merchant coverage and strengthens the corporate business’ value proposition and the American Express brand. Our team’s role is to bring American Express to the JV markets and back them to enable their success.
This Manager position is based in London and is responsible for business development activities for one of our JVs in EMEA. These Joint Ventures hold licenses to operate the American Express card business (issuing and acquiring) in the markets they operate in. As an insourced partner working across our three lines of business (LOBs), Consumer, Corporate and Merchant, the role offers a broad range of experiences and opportunities to work across LOBs, functional groups and Centres of Excellence.
The successful candidate will join the team at a critical time and will be instrumental in supporting fast paced growth across an exciting region. The individual will work closely with Finance, Legal, Marketing, Corporate and Merchant teams on a day to day basis as well as on specific projects to drive aggressive growth targets against the existing portfolio whilst maintaining focus on the future to identify our next opportunities. Success will be measured against growth of key business metrics as well as successful delivery of key projects.
The primary objective of the role is to provide business development support to the JV by leveraging American Express’s strategies, products, capabilities and relationships to drive business growth. The successful candidate will also play a critical part in the day to day business management of this strategic Joint Venture partnership. The position will report to the Business Development Director responsible for the Joint Venture relationship.
The Business Development manager will be responsible for the following key activities and objectives:
* Support to the Business Development Director on all contracts and business agreements related to the Joint Ventures
* Identify new business opportunities or cost saving initiatives and conduct the necessary analysis to build a business case in support of its execution
* Bring new concepts, products, network capabilities and ideas to the JVs to accelerate growth of the AXP business
* Share best practices and provide thought leadership and training on Amex insights, capabilities and tools
* Provide status updates to the senior leadership and JVs as appropriate, including preparation of materials for monthly/quarterly updates, senior briefings, etc.
* Provide sound business and financial rationale to support delivering product launches, marketing campaigns etc., working closely with the JV marketing team
* Work in close collaboration with functional and central teams across the organisation to support a range of projects aimed at driving growth of the business, in alignment with the JVs
* Work closely with the JV Corporate Director on a range of activities (e.g. launch of SME proposition in AEME, responding to RFP responses, etc.) aimed at growing the Corporate business within AEME and AESA
* Develop and actively manage strong relationships with the Joint Venture management team in order to effectively influence and gain support from relevant stakeholders to drive growth of the American Express business with the Joint Venture
* Actively manage and own relationship with internal stakeholders across all lines of business that support the Joint Venture (Finance, Legal, Compliance, Network, Controllerships, Partner Business Solutions and others)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Excellent and demonstrable account and relationship management skills, with a high degree of cultural sensitivity
* Strong understanding of the card industry, including and solid financial understanding of all revenue and expense drivers (hence overall P&L) of consumer, corporate and merchant businesses
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and influence management skills that allow for close partnerships with many different constituents and geographies, both across internal teams and with external third parties
* Extensive experience of managing delivering of complex projects through to completion. Results-driven mind-set is essential
* Strong analytical and numerical skills and ability to gather information through multiple channels, execute analysis and extract meaningful insights
* Proven track record in identifying, engaging in and launching new opportunities
* Highly resilient and able to work independently, with the ability to master a complex brief, and drive negotiations and results in challenging business environment
* Ability to travel ~15% of the time
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on .
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 10, 2019, 10:45:35 AM