St. Julians, Gwent
THE ABBEY FIELD ST ALBANS SOCIETY LTD
Grace Muriel House is a residential care home located in St Albans, Hertfordshire. We are looking for Day Care Assistants to join our dedicated team.
We offer competitive rates of pay and fantastic training opportunities.
Responsibilities to include;
* Ensure each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care
* To ensure residents choice and independence is respected and have knowledge of residents risk management plans.
* To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
* To help serve meals, prepare and clear dining room and assist residents with eating as required.
* To make beds, tidy rooms, light cleaning emptying and cleaning of commodes and other specified cleaning schedules you are allocated on daily basis.
* To care sens! itively to residents who are unwell or requiring palliative / end of life care.
* To escort residents to hospital out-patient appointments as required.
* Encourage residents to be involved in the house. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated.
* Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
NVQ /QCF level 2 and experience preferred.
Skills & Requirements;
* Enthusiasm and a passion for care
* Ability to communicate and interact well with people
* To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
* Ability to work well as part of a team
* A willingness to undertake training to achieve relevant qualifications
* Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
* Flexibility & punctuality
* Commitment to de! livering the highest standard of care
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Interested? Don’t hesitate! Click “apply” now!
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire Turning Point Support Worker - Sybden Contract type: full-time / part-time / bank Salary: GBP 16,523...Apply For This Job
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Elizabeth Michael Associates | HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER | | BILBOROUGH, NOTTINGHAM| | MUST BE NEBOSH OR IOSH QUALIFIED| |...Apply For This Job