United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, (UKAEA)
Are you a time-served electronic / electrical technician with knowledge of control and instrumentation?
Have you gained proven experience in installing, commissioning and maintaining electronic control and data acquisition systems?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) offers a range of excellent benefits which are fully explained in the application pack, including 25 days annual leave plus 10.5 days (including bank holidays and privilege days).
We have an excellent opportunity for a control and instrumentation technician to become a member of our Control and Data Acquisition System and Information Technology (CODAS & IT) Department, based out of the foremost fusion research laboratory in the world – Culham Science Centre, Oxfordshire.
This department is responsible for the top-level (SCADA) software and hardware required for the operation of JET (the nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU), the JET mass data store, site-wide computing and IT systems and the site-wide office and operational networks. Within the electronics section, they are responsible for all distributed computerised systems that are used for the control, monitoring and data acquisition on JET.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
– The installation and commissioning of control and acquisition upgrades by the following of a design package.
– Performance testing, evaluating and repairing of electronic modules and control panels.
– Routine planned maintenance of both cubicles and equipment.
– The electrical safety testing of equipment and enclosures.
– To provide rostered double shift support of control and data acquisition hardware systems during JET operational phases (approx. 1 week in 3) for which you will receive a shift allowance (after a period of training).
– Provide year-round rostered 24-hour on-call support of critical systems (approx. 1 week in 6) for which you will receive an additional on-call allowance (after a period of training).
– To provide design, installation, commissioning and maintenance support for all control and data acquisition and electronic systems as well as new enhancement projects.
– Resolution of faults on JET to reduce downtime, reacting and solving complex problems using your initiative.
– Installation and commissioning of site network infrastructure.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
Knowledge skills and experience
Essential- Time served apprenticeship with an HNC/HND qualification in electronic / electrical engineering, instrumentation, electronics, or a related discipline.
– Proven experience of computer-controlled data acquisition, instrumentation and control electronics.
Desirable- An ability to apply technical expertise to solving problems.
– Experience of working as part of a team with an ability to adapt to a variety of requirements and tasks.
Special requirements:- This role will require you to work rostered double shift support during JET operational phases (approx. 1 week in 3).
– You will be required to provide year-round rostered 24-hour on-call support of critical systems (approx. 1 week in 6).
– You will receive additional remuneration for your shift and on-call support
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
– As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work-based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
– Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
– Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
– The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
Morgan McKinley Investment Writing role suitable for financial journalists, editors or in house investment writers My client, a leading European...Apply For This Job
Feltham, Middlesex Staffing Match - Transport HGV2 DRIVERS REQUIRED TEMP TO PERM (13WEEK) £13.00 PER HOUR PART-TIME DRIVER ALSO WELCOME...Apply For This Job