Morello Recruitment Solutions Ltd.
Functional Skills Tutor – Peterborough
up to £26K pro rata
Centre Based, 16 hours per week over 3 days (Mon to Weds)
Our client is a specialist training provider who have stood the test of time. They offer bespoke commercial training programmes as well as Apprenticeship training in the Engineering sector and they operate from a well equipped fully accredited Training Centre.
My client seeks a qualified and experienced Functional Skills Tutor to deliver professional, high quality teaching in Maths, English and ICT for their Apprentice engineers. They use City & Guilds and the Evolve testing platform.. As an experienced skills’ professional you will have the expertise & knowledge to deliver and develop student’s maths and English ability from diagnostic assessment through to being Functional Skills test ready. This is a part-time role for 16 hours per week, spread over 3 days (Monday to Wednesday), delivering in centre to small class sizes.
* Organise assessment and diagnostic assessment for all students
* Interpret initial assessment and diagnostic results to formulate a learning plan
* Set targets for students to complete online learning individualised to their needs and monitor completion through target setting and checking
* Support a caseload of students to achieve maths & English Functional skills within an agreed timescale / timely completion as agreed
* Develop lesson plans and schemes of work for small teaching sessions
* Create interactive and engaging teaching sessions to suit all learning styles and offer differentiated learning
* Deliver classroom teaching sessions to groups of students
* Deliver 1-1 coaching and teaching to individuals / small groups of students
* Assess the Speaking & Listening element of the English Functional Skill
You will need the following skills and qualifications:
Good standard of education (minimum GCSE level)
Level 2 Functional Skills / GCSE A-C in maths & English or equivalent
Qualified to Level 3 (A level or equivalent professional qualification)
Hold a training / teaching qualification at Level 3
Experience of delivering ICT, English and maths to students
Experience of designing lesson plans and schemes of work
Self-motivation and keen interest in supporting students through their Apprenticeship
The salary for this 16 hour per week position is £26000 pro rata, per annum, plus benefits.
If you are interested please apply to Morello Recruitment Solutions online quoting M15040
This position will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Morello are acting as an employment agency in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are an independent recruitment agency recruiting for the FE, Skills and Welfare to Work Sectors on a temporary, contract and permanent basis across the UK.
City, Manchester REDTUSK Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Recruitment Executive Search Company Featured on London Stock Exchange Graduate Recruitment Consultant: The company The...Apply For This Job
ICC (International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works) Job title: Head of Finance and Operations Salary: £27,000 (£45,000 FTE)Location:...Apply For This Job
Bath, Somerset NL Recruitment Role: Private Site FundraiserHours: Full time and Part Time Pay: £9.00-£10.50 per hour + paid travel time +...Apply For This Job