Porton Down, Wiltshire
DSTL Porton Down, Porton Down, SP4 0JQ
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
The Civilian Security Officer (CSO) is responsible for providing an overt unarmed security presence. He/she will carry out all unarmed guarding duties to a high standard in accordance with current MOD, MGS and Unit/Establishment orders.
MGS applicants are required to attend a medical appointment to undertake a colour perception eye test
DSTL Porton Down
ResponsibilitiesThe Key duties of a CSO are as follows. Please note that these duties can vary from site to site.
• Customer Care
• Controlling vehicular and pedestrian access and exit to/from site
• Issuing of passes
• Issuing and receipt of keys
• Patrolling on foot and in a vehicle
• Searching of vehicles, baggage, personnel, buildings and open areas
• Escorting of visitors
• Controlling traffic
• Checking identity
• Writing reports on breaches of security or defects
• Dealing with demonstrators and intruders
• Safeguarding classified information and material
• Cooperating with other security providers
• Liaising with emergency services and invoking emergency procedures
• Operating and monitoring security systems; CCTV and alarms etc
• Operating and communicating effectively over the telephone and/or radio
• Reporting safety hazards and accidents in accordance with current instructions
• Carrying out, if required, initial action at the scene of any incident
• Driving an MOD vehicle
• Other tasks commensurate with the grade
The minimum qualification is:
2 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English
NVQ Business Administration Level 1
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD’s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
A minimum of 2 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English
NVQ Business Administration Level 1
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Further main benefits include:
• Free Uniform*
• Professional and Personal Development of skills including the opportunity to undertake apprenticeships
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• 10.5 Paid Public Holidays per year for shift & roster workers, 9 for all others.
• Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
• Competitive pension scheme
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Gym and catering facilities. – amend this bullet point to suit your specific location.
• Excellent Benefits
* Successful candidates will be expected to serve a minimum of 1 year in post. Persons transferring into other Non MGS posts, within this time frame will be required to repay the cost of uniform and training to a maximum of £1,000.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
Please ensure that at the application and interview stages of the campaign you review the Success Profiles Framework to assist you in the demonstration of your skills and experience.
Your suitability for the role will be assessed using the Success Profile elements that have been chosen for this campaign. Each element will be scored accordingly, and the successful candidate will be appointed on merit.
At application you will be assessed against the following:
Making Effective Decisions
• At interview you will be assessed against the above Behaviours along with the following:
Communicating & Influencing
Sift to take place within 5 days & Interviews to take place within 2 weeks of closing date.
Epsom, Surrey NL Recruitment Role: Private Site FundraiserHours: Full time and Part Time Pay: £9.50-£13.00 per hour + paid travel time +...Apply For This Job
WSP Global Inc. Principal / Associate Drainage Engineer, London About the Role: Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking....Apply For This Job