Life Opportunities Trust
Are you looking to start a new and rewarding career?
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about caring for others?
Life Opportunities Trust is looking for caring, self-motivated staff for our vacancies in our Residential, Supported Living and Outreach Services
Role: Support Worker
Company: Life Opportunities Trust
Job Type: Full-time (Flexible Rota over 7 days)
As a Support Worker, you will be providing a high standard of care and support for Service Users in a Support Living, Residential or Outreach setting. Our Service Users have learning disabilities, and some have physical disabilities. Our aim is to empower Service Users in their daily lives and to encourage them to lead a full and active life!
Previous Experience in care is not essential; however you must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are looking for Ambitious individuals with Integrity and Respect.
Our Support Workers are required to carry out day-to-day tasks with our Service Users. We need Support Workers to be able to assist Service Users in decision making, and enabling the development of appropriate skills. As a Support Worker, you would have the following responsibilities.
– To Support the Service Users with all aspects of personal care as appropriate.
– To Assist in arranging trips, outings and holidays, accompanying the Service Users when required.
– To do domestic duties including the preparation of meals, cleaning and laundry.
– To administer medication and the maintenance of records of all drugs and treatment given in accordance with company policy.
– To enable the Service Users to purchase clothes and other personal items.
– To participate in all staff meetings as required.
– To observe financial instructions
– To accompany the Service Users and support them in their place of worship
– To ensure accurate records are kept and maintaining confidentiality.
– To undertake training where required according to the needs of the Service User, the home and the organisation
LOT offers an extensive training and development package, contributory pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.20 to £8.43 /hour
Herne Bay, Kent Herne Bay High School-1 Start Date: Jul 2019 Pay: HBHS Band 4, actual pay £11,719-£12,312 We are seeking a...Apply For This Job