Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Sutton Coldifeld, B75 7RL
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
Are you passionate about creating a healthy culture of learning to increase business capability and personal development? You could be part of Data, Analytics & Insight’s (DA&I) training team providing training and support MOD wide.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
The Training and Support Analyst works closely with the Training and Support Manager to provide training and support to end users in the delivery of management information, reporting, data discovery/analysis and publishing to DA&I and the wider business. Working collaboratively with the requirements team, they will ensure all requests for training and support are recorded accurately and timely. They will analyse this data to provide reports which will be used to develop and continually improve the sevices that the Training and Support team offers.
Post will be located at Sutton Coldfield.
ResponsibilitiesWorking closely with the Training and Support Manager, the Training and Support Analyst will:
• Provide the knowledge and expertise to others in the use of analytical tools by delivering training sessions via Skype or within a classroom environment as appropriate.
• Continually review and update training material.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to self development by training in and understanding emerging new systems and procedures in an agile environment.
• Promote strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams across DIO and MOD
• Record all training and support requests/incidents and analyse training feedback.
• Co-ordinate training events and ensure all materials are available and fit for purpose.
Experience in a training environment and level of exposure in delivering training sessions and presentations is essential.
Occasional travel will be required between sites.
About our Team
The role of the Data, Analytics & Insight team in DIO is to deliver services to the whole organisation to manage and exploit data.
This requires our team to:
• Gather and assure data and knowledge of all kinds (one source of the truth – that is reused again and again)
• Make excellent management information, reporting and business intelligence available (so everyone can see how they are performing)
• Provide an analytics capability to turn data and information into insight for business cases and decision making (in a fast, and flexible way)
• Build capability and skills right across DIO in data management and analytics
• Provide governance and verification and validation for any data or analytics used for major decisions (so decision makers know they can rely on the figures) The DA&I function will be highly collaborative and value the process of solving problems. We provide resourcing, staff development and a home for analysts and data scientists in DIO.
This role is based within DA&I’s customer facing function focused on defining, developing, exploiting and supporting the capabilities to enable the wider DIO to generate significant business benefit in using data for reporting, management information and analytics. It achieves this through the scoping of user requirements, rapid release management using agile techniques and supporting end users through training, documentation, specialist development and capabilities and support via a help desk.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Further main benefits include:
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
• Highly competitive pension scheme
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Gym and / or site shops
• Excellent Benefits
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Things you need to know
Southend-on-sea, Essex NL Recruitment Role: Private Site FundraiserHours: Full Time and Part Time Pay: £9.50-£13.00 per hour + paid travel time +...Apply For This Job
Watford, Hertfordshire Jems Recruitment Ltd Part-time hours: working a minimum of 30 hours per week, working 5 days per week Monday-Friday, with...Apply For This Job