Job Title – Underwriter (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Our Underwriters in Zurich Municipal underwrite all lines of business, offering a truly bespoke and personalised service to our customers in the Public Sector. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to further their career as an Underwriter.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Deliver against underwriting & financial measures as outlined in the plan.
• Demonstrate market visibility & underwriting expertise.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
• Provide mentorship & coaching to colleagues.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organisation’s appetite, consistent with sound business opportunity.
• Accurately select, assess and price risk in line with underwriting mentorship.
• Make clear recommendations for market pricing, backed up by strong rationale and confident decision-making.
• Have an external presence within the Public Sector visiting our customers regularly ensuring you fully understand their risk & insurance requirements.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density within your portfolio of risks.
• Serve as a key Zurich contact for our customers.
Your skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Underwriting experience within a General Insurance product.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to effectively assess risk.
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
• Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
• Cert or DiP CII Qualified or actively working towards accreditation.
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
• 12% pension
• 22 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Annual company bonuses
• Contribution to medical cover
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gym membership,
• Individual bonus and much more
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re passionate about working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.