Our client is a specialist Engineering Consultancy that is looking for a Highway or Traffic Engineer to join their team in Basingstoke.
Key requirements for the role: –
– A relevant qualification such as a BTEC, HNC/HND or Degree (degree / chartership not essential).
– Relevant experience in a traffic engineering / highways / transport planning environment. Some design experience is essential.
– Knowledge of TSRGD and DMRB
– A hands-on capability in the use of AutoCAD / AutoTRACK, Site3D and/or Civil3D.
– Experience in some or all of the following: Junction Design, Road Alignment, Traffic Management, Signs & Markings, Car Park Design, Capacity Analysis.
– Excellent written and spoken English is essential, as is the ability to communicate well at all levels.
– Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-disciplinary commissions.
– Be innovative and looking to develop your technical / business skills.
– Have a passion for design.
– Aviation experience is an advantage but not essential.
– Looking for an opportunity for career progression within a growing company.
Key duties involved in the role: –
– Development of conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with project requirements.
– Scoping survey information.
– Checking of design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers.
– Schedules and specifications.
– Junction capacity testing.
– Undertake site visits/ inspections/ investigations.
– Comply with company and client QA requirements
– Be used to working in a project collaborative environment
– Working within multi-disciplinary project design teams
– For more senior roles provide technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects. Report writing and providing technical support to less experienced team members. Running design projects and liaising with clients.
What you get in return: –
– Highly competitive salary and benefits package
– Private medical cover for employees (partners & children covered subject to terms & conditions)
– Annual performance related bonus.
– Part-time applicants considered
– Flexible working hours available to suit.
– Sponsorship considered for part-time further education e.g. Degree, M.Sc. and other alternative training courses.
– Exciting opportunities and a chance for talented, ambitious and enthusiastic people to progress their careers in a thriving company. The positions offer the opportunity to work in a friendly and dynamic team environment where there is an abundance of work on a wide range of projects.
– Office located close to key road and rail links
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Civil Engineering professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Counsellor - part-time - fixed term until 31 March 2021 (with possible extension) £28,785 - £29,636...Apply For This Job