Independent End Point Assessor – Funeral Services (North)
Part-Time (21 hours – Flexible hours each weekday within 09:00 – 17:00 – Monday to Friday)
Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Independent End Point Assessor.
Our End Point Assessment Organisation, Babcock Assessments exists to support the growth in the End Point Assessment (EPA) of Apprenticeship standards, delivery of high quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors.
With ambitious growth plans, it’s not surprising that we’re looking for exceptional people to join our team.
You will need occupational competence in Funeral Team Member Level 2 (including arranger and operative pathways) and Funeral Director Level 3 (including arranger and operative pathways).
* Ensure all EPA activity is delivered as required in accordance with Babcock Assessments policies and procedures
* Assess, gather evidence, document findings and grade learners in the workplace against both the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan for each respective occupation and complete and submit all assessment documentation timely, in line with Babcock Assessments delivery and quality assurance requirements
* Manage own diary effectively to ensure assigned learners EPA is conducted against SLAs and assessment plan requirements
* Undertake standardisation activities with the assessment/invigilation teams
* Ensure that own CPD is kept up to date and relevant, pertinent for the role and sectors in which they operate
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need an Assessment qualification, have recent, relevant experience of the occupation/sector, this should be at least at the same level as the standard and/or hold a recognised funeral qualification at Level 3 or higher, L2 Maths Functional Skills (or equivalent), L2 English Functional Skills (or equivalent), IT literate in Word, Excel, MS Outlook and video conferencing software e.g. WebEx.
You will be travelling across the North of England and Scotland therefore you must have access to your own car and be willing to travel extensively for the role. Full expenses will be provided.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs