Cambridge Regional College
Cambridge Regional College have opportunities available to join our diverse and dynamic team as a Learning Support Mentor. Based at our campus in Cambridge, we have full time and part-time positions available, all on a term time only basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salaryof £18,318 to £20,413 per annum pro rata plus benefits.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country.
In return for joining us as our Learning Support Mentor, you will be rewarded with great benefits including:
– Competitive salary
– Generous annual leave entitlement (increasing with length of service)
– Free use of on-site gym
– Free on-site car parking
– Discounted beauty/spa treatments in on-site salon
– Health Care – access to Occupational Health and free flu vaccinations
– On site canteen, restaurant and Costa Coffee outlet
– Local Government Pension Scheme
– Free independent telephone counselling service
– Discounted courses for you, your partner and your children
– Staff Development opportunities
– Staff Purchase scheme
About the role:
As our Learning Support Mentor, you will work with teachers to raise the learning and attainment of young people while promoting their social inclusion, self-esteem and independence. You will get the opportunity to support students in all vocational areas of the college and assist them to access the curriculum, participate in learning and fulfil their potential.
We are recruiting for full or part time permanent and fixed term posts. We are also interested in hearing from candidates who would be interested in variable hours work. Please specify which you are applying for in your application.
Key duties of our Learning Support Mentor:
– Work in collaboration with the subject lecturing staff and assessors
– Empower young people to achieve their personalised learning outcome
– Adaptation of class resources in order to ensure students are able to access learning materials
– Provide support outside the formal classroom setting
– Attend and contribute effectively to team meetings and focus on learning support improvements
– Work directly with young people to review their support needs, following the internal college processes.
– Undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with the Learning Support Manager
What we are looking for in our Learning Support Mentor:
You will need to be able to use your own initiative while out in support of learners, dealing with situations with tact and empathy. The need to be flexible in your approach is imperative. You will need to be qualified to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths and ideally have experience of working with people with supportive learning needs.
If you would like to be part of our valued team to help young people reach their potential then please click ‘apply’ today to join the team as our new Learning Support Mentor – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found…… click apply for full job details
Randstad Student Support Are you interested in helping students achieve their full potential? Are you looking for flexible part-time role that...Apply For This Job
Truro, Cornwall Truro and Penwith College We are looking to increase our 'bank' of part-time lecturers. Applications should be well qualified in...Apply For This Job