Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an fantastic Teaching Assistant or Support Worker with experience working with Autism.
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a new position within a mainstream primary school that caters for children with ASD at their designated onsite resource base. The school is in South Liverpool, and the role is to start this September. However, you would need to be available a few days at the end of July to attend a trial day and staff meeting.
The role will commence from Wednesday 2nd September until Easter, on a part-time basis. The school have indicated that there is scope for the role to become permanent for the right candidate. You will be responsible for the learning and development of small groups of children who have Autism, assisting with developing their communication skills, social skills and sensory needs.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to understand the frustrations a child with Autism can face, and knowledgeably work with them to help resolve any fears or anxieties they may be experiencing.
A little about the school…they are a school based in a lovely leafy road in South Liverpool with good transport links and ample parking. They are a keen advocate in Autism awareness as well as the research around it. Their classroom environment has small numbers, with a 1:2 staff to pupil ratio. The school has built and excellent interactive classroom environment to cater for all.
* Previous experience working with children with autism
* Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
* A good knowledge around the behavioural challenges and communication methods
* Previous experience using visual prompts
* Available to work 3 days per week Monday to Friday 8.30-4pm
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning – our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this great position as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant in South Liverpool. Or for more information about the role, contact Tradewind Liverpool on (phone number removed).
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard – Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer